Lessons from my GOD, Lessons from my DOG


When my chihuahua Indy is stoked about something, you’re gonna know it. She wears her heart of her sleeve or paw I suppose. The other day I happened upon her as she had just found a meal crawling up our wall in the form of a rather large centipede. Now it may have been fine, but this bug looked bigger than her little chihuahua face so I was pretty sure she needed my help even though she didn’t realize it. So I leaped over & used my foot to push her across the floor far away from the creature. She looked so hurt & confused as to why I, who loved her so much, would withold such goodness from her. Not only that, but why would I push her across the floor in such a way. 

It was out of my great love, care & concern for Indy that I shoved her across the floor away from the delicious centipede, but since I don’t speak dog I couldn’t explain it to her. She may never know why I did this. Thankfully dogs are big on forgiveness & forgetfulness so Indy & I have recovered & are the best of friends again. 

But God showed me something as I was leaping across to push her out of the way of harm…He showed me that oftentimes we are the same as Indy, about to jump into something that looks amazing to us, some new opportunity, a relationship, something we have our hearts set on, but HE knows better than us and so He steps in or withholds & we don’t understand & even question His love, care & concern for us. Sometimes what looks like withholding or even a shove across the floor just may be saving our life or at least saving us from harm. 

God is good & He is for us, we must remember this in all things and not let our circumstances in life sway what we believe & know about God. I like the lyric from Mumford & Sons that says, “But hold on to what you believe in the light, when the darkness has robbed you of all your sight.” Woof.

Comments

Popular Posts